TATTOO ESTABLISHMENT LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
All Tattoo Establishments require licensure
A person may not operate a Tattoo Establishment in this state without a license.
Effective January 1, 2013 any person operating an unlicensed tattoo establishment will be subject to administrative penalties.
Licensure of a tattoo establishment requires submission of the following items:
- Completed *Application for Tattoo Establishment License ($200)
- Pass inspection in compliance with sections00771 - 381.00791, Florida Statutes, "The Practice of Tattooing" and Rule 64E-28, Florida Administrative Code.
- Register business name with the Florida Department of State.
- Contact city/county for potential need for business tax receipt
- Completed *Biomedical Waste Permit($85)
- Submit all forms/fees to the County Health Department where your business is located.
**The Guide for Tattoo Establishment Operational Requirements will to assist you with understanding what the operational requirements for a tattoo establishment are in order to pass an inspection in compliance with sections 381.00771 - 381.00791, Florida Statutes, and Rule 64E-28, Florida Administrative Code**
Temporary Tattoo Establishments, Events and Conventions must meet the same operational requirements of a tattoo establishment, including hand sinks, as well as the requirements of Rule 64E-28, Florida Administrative Code.
Temporary establishment licenses are issued in conjunction with a convention or other similar event and cannot exceed fourteen (14) consecutive days.