The Florida QuitlineEach year, thousands of Floridians quit using tobacco. Many more try, but fail. The Florida Quitline was established to help those with a desire to free themselves from cigarettes, smokeless, and all other forms of tobacco. The Quitline services are free of charge and offered in both English and Spanish.
Here's how it works:
- With a single, toll-free call to 1-877-U-CAN-NOW (1-877-822-6669), you can schedule an appointment with one of the Quitline's trained counselors.
- At an approximate time of your choosing, one of these skilled professionals will call you back to work with you one-on-one. Together, you'll develop a plan to finally rid yourself of tobacco for good.
- Our tobacco specialists will be there for you 24 hours a day 7 days a week to support you, offer tips, and provide any information you may need. If you're ready to BE FREE, call 1-877-822-6669 today and join other Floridians in living a healthier life. Enroll Today!
Hillsborough County Anti-Drug Alliance
2815 E. Henry Avenue, Ste. B1, Tampa, Florida 33610
- Youth Anti-Tobacco Class for offenders of Florida Statute 569.11 and/or 386.212
- SWAT - Students Working Against Tobacco: Middle and high school students ages 12 through 18 work in groups outside school hours to raise awareness about tobacco marketing practices targeted specifically to develop and maintain youth tobacco users. This program also promotes leadership and community involvement.
Drowning is preventable! Florida remains #1 in the nation for drowning deaths of children 4 years of age and under. Use of BARRIERS and ADULT SUPERVISION can help prevent drowning and near-drowning.
Drowning and near-drowning, which can result in devastating long-term health consequences, can happen INSIDE THE HOME, too. ADULT SUPERVISION of children around any open water, like pools, spas, lakes/rivers, beaches, standing water in yards, buckets of water, and bathtubs is the 1st line of defense.
Don't let your child be a statistic! Visit WaterSmart FL for more information about prevention and for the residential pool laws and regulations.