Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
WIC & Nutrition Services are available by appointment only.
Call (813) 307-8074
to schedule an appointment.
Breastfeeding Help Line: (813) 496-BABY (2229)
The Supplemental Nutrition Program For Women, Infants and Children's (WIC) Breastfeeding Program in Hillsborough County Provides:
- Peer Counselors
- Certified Lactation Counselors
- Lactation Consultants
- Breast pump Loan Program
- Breastfeeding Classes
Our WIC Clinic staff celebrating moms, babies and families who choose to breastfeed
Mother-to-mother support has proven to be one of the most successful approaches to encourage mothers to breastfeed their infants. The WIC Peer Counselor:
- Serves as
- Helps develop your personal breastfeeding plan to get you and baby off to a good start.
- Supports and encourages you to reach your breastfeeding goals.
- Teaches classes and provides education
- Provides referrals when necessary
International Board Certified Lactation Consultants:
Internationally Board Certified Lactation Consultants (IBCLC) provide specialized consults including:
- Latch assist
- Preterm infant breastfeeding
- Methods for improving milk supply
- Nipple pain relief
- Information on medications and breastfeeding
Breast Pump Loan Program:
Breastfeeding classes are available to WIC clients for FREE! The class covers a wide range of topics related to breastfeeding including:
- Myths and concerns of breastfeeding
- How breastfeeding works
- Positioning and Latching at the breast
Additional Resources and Documents:
Hillsborough County Breastfeeding Support Resource List: find additional resources in the community beyond WIC.
10 Steps to Successful Breastfeeding: Learn about the different ways hospitals and medical providers can support mothers to breastfeed.