Insulin Distribution Program
Individuals who qualify, may receive INSULIN at no cost or a reduced cost through The Florida Department of Health in Hillsborough County.
Test tape, blood sugar monitors, and syringes are NOT provided.
- Must be a resident of Florida. An illegal alien living in Florida with the intent to remain meets the residency requirement for Insulin Distribution Program.
- Has a current prescription for insulin that is stocked by our pharmacy.
- Is uninsured or is lacking insurance that covers insulin.
- Has a net family income at or below 100% of the current Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- Has no more than $2,500.00 in private funds, bank accounts, or assets other than a homestead.
More information about eligibility can be answered by pharmacy personnel by calling (813) 307-8072 or (813) 307-8015, ext. 3502.
A current prescription is required and must be written by a licensed healthcare practitioner authorized by law to prescribe medication and written within 3 months of application for the Insulin Distribution Program and effective for up to 12 months after it is written. It must include the following:
1. Person's name, typed or printed
2. Person's date of birth
3. Physician's state license number
4. Physician's name, typed or printed
5. Physician's phone number
6. Date of prescription
7. Type of insulin to be issued
8. Medication dosage
9. Amount of medication to be issued at each visit - up to a 3-month supply
10. Whether or how many refills are allowed
To apply and/or pick up insulin supply, contact The Florida Department of Health in Hillsborough County pharmacy at (813) 307-8072. For more information, call (813) 307-8015, ext. 3502.
The following resources may provide insulin if you are not eligible for this program:
Aventis Patient Assistance Program - Phone (800) 221-4025
Novo Nordisk Patient Assistance Program - Phone (866) 310-7549