Skip Global navigation and goto content

Death Certificate from Other States and Countries

Birth/Death Certificates

Death Certificates in Other States

If the death occurred in another state, please visit the Center for Disease Control and Prevention for information on how to order death certificates


Foreign Country Birth and Death Certificates

Persons in need of a copy of a foreign birth or death record should contact the Embassy or the nearest Consulate in the U.S. of the country in which the birth or death occurred. Addresses and telephone numbers for these offices are listed in the U.S. Department of State Publication 7846, Foreign Consular Offices in the United States, which is available in many local libraries.

Visit the Center for Disease Control and Prevention for more information on foreign birth and death certificates.