Skip Global navigation and goto content

Assisted Living Facility

Environmental Health

Department of Health Permits for Group Care Facilities

Assisted Living Facility Permitting


An Assisted Living Facility requires a health department group care permit.
Submit the following:
2.  Facility Floor Plan
3.  Application Fee
If the Assisted Living Facility has more than 10 beds, a health department food sanitation permit is required.  This permit is an annual requirement.
Submit the following:
3.  Full Kitchen Plan
4.  Plan Review Fee
5.  Food Sanitation Permit Application  (After the Plan Review has been approved)
If the Assisted Living Facility has a WATER WELL or IN-GROUND SEPTIC SYSTEM, additional steps are required:
Water Well:  requires a Health Department Drinking Water Permit.  Call (813) 307-8059 to speak to a drinking water specialist.
On-Site Septic System:  requires written approval from the Department of Health. Call (813) 307-8059 to speak to a septic system specialist.
All documentation and fees must be submitted to:
Florida Department of Health - Hillsborough County Office of Environmental Health
1105 E Kennedy Blvd
Tampa,  Florida 33602