Skip Global navigation and goto content

Divorce Certificates

Birth/Death Certificates

Local County Health Department Vital Statistics offices do not issue divorce reports.

Dissolution of Marriage

The divorce you are requesting must have occurred in Florida.

Divorce reports dating from June 6, 1927 to the present are available from the Bureau of Vital Statistics in Jacksonville, Florida. Any divorces prior to June 6, 1927 are obtainable from the Clerk of Court in the County where the divorce was granted. Our document is an abstract report and not the entire judgment of dissolution of marriage. If you need the judgment, contact the Clerk of Court in the county where the divorce was granted.

The fee for a divorce report is $5.00 for one certification and $4.00 for each additional certification of the same record when ordered at the same time. No restrictions exist for ordering these records. The fee is required for a search of our records and is non-refundable, even if the record requested is not located. In such a case, a certified "No Record Found" statement will be provided. Duplicate copy fees for records "not found" may be refunded if the applicant sends a letter of request.

To order a divorce record by mail, provide a signed letter or application which includes the following information:

Information about the record being requested:

  1. Provide full names of both spouses, including any names prior to first marriage, if applicable. (The names of both spouses are required for indexing purposes.)
  2. Date of the divorce. Provide the month, day and year. If all dates are unknown, provide at least the year of the event.
  3. City or county where divorce was granted

Information about the person making the request:

  1. Full name,
  2. Mailing address, 
  3. Telephone number where you can be reached during our office hours of 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Eastern Standard Time

Send a check or money order made payable to the "Bureau of Vital Statistics."

Send your application or letter of request along with your payment in the form of check or money order to:

Bureau of Vital Statistics
Attn: Vital Record Section
Post Office Box 210
Jacksonville, FL 32231-0042

If you are not sure of the date of the divorce, provide a range of years to be searched.

For more information about ordering a dissolution of marriage report, please visit our Bureau of Vital Statistics web site or call them at (904) 359-6900 Ext. 9000.