Hillsborough County School Based Sealant Program
The school-based dental sealant program will provide sealants to children unlikely to receive them otherwise.
What is dental sealant?
- A dental sealant is a thin coating placed on individual teeth helping to prevent tooth decay.
Who qualifies for the program?
- Second graders of Hillsborough County Title 1 Elementary schools.
What services does the program provide?
- Dental health education.
- Dental screening.
- Sealants if applicable.
- Fluoride treatment.
- Goodie bag and a referral to a dental home.
- Other dental services such as
x-rays , root canals, etc. at a referred dental home. , fillings
- Re-checks for some Third Grade
studentswho previously received sealants.
Who pays for the dental sealants?
- If your child has Medicaid, then Medicaid will be billed.
- If your child does not have Medicaid, then the dental provider will cover the costs.
Will my child leave
- No, your child will be seen on the dental bus, which will be parked at the school.
Do I have to make an appointment?
- No, your child will bring home a consent form to be signed by a parent/guardian and to be returned to their teacher.
- Please see Calendar below for dental health education and dental bus schedule.
Any questions concerning this program, please call 813-373-8665.