Community Dental Program
WIC SMILES 4 U (Community Dental Health Program)
This program provides dental services for pregnant and postpartum women, infants and children in Hillsborough County. The Florida Department of Health in Hillsborough County partners with Suncoast Community Health Centers and Tampa Family Health Centers to make sure these dental services are available for all moms and kids who qualify.
Who qualifies for the program?
- Women who are pregnant or up to six months postpartum
- Children who are 6 months to 20 years old
What services does the program provide?
- Oral risk assessment
- Mouth exam
- Dental health education
- Teeth cleanin
- Referral to a dentist for extra care
Where can I access the services?
- The dental bus is parked at many locations throughout Hillsborough County.
Do I have to make an appointment?
- Appointments are not required, but you should call 813-373-8665 to find out the nearest location and date for services.
What do I need to bring to the dental bus?
- If you have access to the internet and a printer you can download and complete a medical history form or you can fill out the form on the dental bus when you arrive.
Is the service free?
- Yes! If you qualify then there will be no charge for necessary services.