COVID-19 Vaccination Phase One
December 29, 2020
On December 23, Governor Ron DeSantis announced Executive Order 20-315, which states:
- During the first phase of vaccine administration, all providers administering any COVID-19 vaccine shall only vaccinate the following populations:
- Long-term care facility residents and staff
- Persons 65 years of age and older
- Health care personnel with direct patient contact
- Hospitals, however, also may vaccinate persons who they deem to be extremely vulnerable to COVID-19
- Governor DeSantis also announced that in addition to hospitals, County Health Departments will begin vaccinating individuals 65 and older in the coming weeks as supply permits.
- At this time, a limited amount of COVID-19 vaccine has been received by select County Health Departments; as more doses become available, County Health Departments will work with their community partners to provide vaccines to those 65 and older. The Florida Department of Health in Hillsborough County has not yet received its allocation. For the latest on public COVID-19 vaccination in Hillsborough County, visit HCFLgov.net/vaccine.
- Each County Health Department will work directly with their community partners to notify the community when vaccine is available, and will provide information about what will be needed to register for vaccination. More details will be provided on this process as they become available.