Florida Department of Health Updates New COVID-19 Cases, Announces Two New Deaths Related to COVID-19, Evening Update
The elderly and those with underlying medical problems like high blood pressure, heart problems and diabetes are more likely to develop serious illness. Wash your hands with soap & water. Cover your coughs & sneezes with your arm, not your hands. If you're sick, stay at home & avoid crowds.
Full Story on FloridaHealth.gov
Tallahassee, Fla. — The Florida Department of Health (Department) has announced there are two presumptive positive cases of 2019 coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Florida. Both individuals remain in isolation at this time. Despite these cases in Florida, the overall immediate threat to the public remains low.
Governor Ron DeSantis said, “I have been working with federal partners and our Department of Health to ensure that communities are ready to handle the challenges presented by COVID-19. The dedicated professionals at our county health departments, as well as those working at local medical providers, are well equipped to address these and future cases. State Surgeon General Dr. Scott Rivkees has taken appropriate, decisive action to help affect the best possible outcomes, and I will continue directing our state agencies to do whatever is necessary to prioritize the health and well-being of Florida residents.”Get More Information
Upcoming EventsMore Events...
- Florida Department of Health Updates New COVID-19 Cases, Announces Eight New Deaths Related to COVID-19, 11 a.m. Update
- The State of Florida Issues COVID-19 Updates
- Florida Department of Health Updates New COVID-19 Cases, Announces Seventeen New Deaths Related to COVID-19
- Florida Department of Health Updates New COVID-19 Cases, Announces One New Death Related to COVID-19, 6 p.m. EST Update
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
- Health Advisory - Davis Island Beach
- Health Advisory Issued For Cypress Point Beach - Jan 31, 2020
- Rabid Raccoon Found In Valrico
- DOH-Hillsborough Investigating Measles Case In An Adult
Popular Programs & Services
Medical Quality Assurance Services
For Health care Professionals