The Florida Department of Health in Hillsborough County (DOH-Hillsborough) is encouraging those who are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to get their vaccine as soon as possible. Cases are once again on the rise and the vast majority of severe cases and hospitalizations are among unvaccinated persons.
“By now we should have more people vaccinated and it’s very concerning that so many people have chosen to not get vaccinated,” said Dr. Douglas Holt, DOH-Hillsborough director. “The vaccine is safe, effective and widely available. Most doctors have gotten vaccinated. We’ve encouraged our own families to get vaccinated. Your life or the life of someone you care about could be saved by getting vaccinated. In Hillsborough, about 45 percent of the eligible population are fully vaccinated.”More information here
Upcoming EventsMore Events...
- The Florida Department of Health Observes National HIV Testing Day 2021
- Governor DeSantis Approves Budget to Continue Improving Public Health in Florida
- Memorial Day - Florida Health and Safety Officials Encourage Floridians to Remember Water Safety
- Setting the Record Straight: Florida Department of Health Addresses False Miami Herald Claims
- No Cost At Home COVID-19 Vaccination Available
- Not Enough People Vaccinated to Stop COVID-19
- Health Advisory (bacteriological): Ben T Davis Beach
- Birth & Death Certificate Office Closed July 20th after 12:30pm
- CELEBRATE INDEPENDENCE DAY THE HEALTHY AND SAFE WAY
Popular Programs & Services
Medical Quality Assurance Services
For Health care Professionals